Monday, August 4, 2008

Opening Act

{Enter Stage Left} Cherise Phillips, Wedding and Event Coordinator! (applause is appreciated ;)
Today she is adorned in a cotton lacey (thing) with hearts playfully dancing around on it-- hair is pulled back in a messy bun with side bangs pinned up just out of her face. This getup lets her live the fantasy that she will be competing on the upcoming finale of So You Think You Can Dance-- while she is really plunked down against the closet door in her office (hiding from view) waiting for her infant to actually sleep and her toddler to tire of jumping on the bed like a monkey and do that sleep thing too. (Enjoy the little fantasies throughout the day and don't ask questions!)

Moving On. So here I am! I have arrived to Blog Heaven with so much to talk about I can't decide where to start- so let's keep it Simple shall we? An introduction won't hurt anyone and it is a most reasonable place to start (plus it will buy me some time to rally my thoughts amidst the monkey jumping on the bed).
Rewind- August 2006
Cherise cuddles lovingly with her firstborn, a sweet little boy (monkey) who has brought new meaning and perspective to her life. She multitasks-- flipping through page after page of the newest bridal magazine, taking notes, possibly nursing, possibly eating her own dinner, ignoring a tv show her husband is engrossed in... and it hits! Suddenly destiny arrives and unpacks in her overcrowded brain, turns on all the lights and gives her a swift kick in the a$$.
Cherise: (to husband aka Trust E. Steed) If I wanted to start my own business and be a Wedding professional would you have faith in me?
Trust E.: Absolutely! (common, but genuine response received for most questions-- in this case it is bonified!)
Cherise: Blah Blah Blah, yackity yackity, wedding, wedding, coordinator, colors, colors, partner, online studying, love, love, love, new career, I can dress up in the suits like I always wanted to!, OCD on the organization... yes? yes! I'll start tomorrow!

8 or so months later Cherise has completed the online program, joined a highly respected wedding association-- ABC-- planned and executed (with help, thank goodness!) her own wedding and honeymoon, played the Bridesmaid, began work with her first client and lost all that pregnancy fat (Yes I am proud therefore I slip that in :).
Left a good job in the city... sort of. Cherise left the corporate world to further pursue this dream career, had ANOTHER sweet little baby boy, bought a house in a new part of the state and continued to work with new and exciting clients under her newly owned and operated business, Simply Bliss. www.simplyblisseventsfl.com simplybliss_weddings@yahoo.com

Fast forward to that hiding in the office part...
(Add "eating assorted hershey kisses" to the descrip here... have you had the Bliss (appropriately named I know) ones? WOW these are fantastic...)
So that is my story, it's not long yet but every story starts somewhere and now you know! I named my company Simply Bliss because those two words embody my idea of a Bride, her wedding, and her life thereafter. This particular blog, Wedding- n.; (More Than A Dress), will be highlighting fresh ideas, thoughts, stories etc in relation to the soon to be Mrs. to help guide her through the engagement and deliver her safely to her "Happily Ever After" with-- you guessed it, More Than A Dress!

I'll start tomorrow off with a fun story (and photos!) on one of my favorite Bridal Shower games. Until Then,
Happiness and Success!

Bonus Image!


Now you REALLY know me: Family photo-Myself, Trust E., Sweet Baby Boy and The Monkey.

No comments: