Tuesday, August 5, 2008

T.P. Bride 101

Alright so I'm starting this at 11:00pm rushing to post it before midnight so that I don't make a liar out of myself for mentioning yesterday that I would have this fun story posted today! So here goes, Speedy style!

My latest venture to a Bridal Shower this past month provided me with some fun content for you Brides, Maids or Whoevers looking for some ideas to use at your own showers. This was my favorite of the day and hopefully the photos will do the game some justice.

The game begins with the Bride's Matron of Honor marching into the common area with bundles upon bundles of toilet paper rolls, asking us to break up into teams. I'm paired up with my own Mother-In-Law and a nice woman I've never met before. Matron then explains that the T.P. is to be used to dress up a chosen teammate as a Bride, as creatively as possible of course. The real Bride and Matron will pick the winner at the end of 5 minutes! I've always wanted to be decked out head to toe in toilet paper myself, so I eagerly opted to be the Bride! (Any chance to relive the glory days doesn't hurt either right?)

The clock is ticking and the room is instantly filled with a fog of T.P. particles tickling my nose and irritating my eyes-- guests frantcially attaching strands of bathroom tissue wherever they possibly can onto their Bride to make her the most beautiful queen toilet paper has ever seen!

(So here I am, that's me in the black top-- making my own tiara by wrapping my sunglasses with the glorious T.P., being dressed to impress. I'm actually excited, I have never won a game at a Bridal Shower and I think I've got a good chance today!)






(And here is my competition!)














When the 5 minutes is up, I am wearing a halter like sophisticated style with somewhat of a Hawiian skirt to it, a nice veil and cathedral length train... my fantastic tiara is more like a whole headpiece, but my bouquet is just divine, as are the greek goddess type sandals I'm wrapped in. This one's in the bag!
Or not. :\ See that middle photo up there with the Nun Bride? The real Bride's Mother-In-Law sporting the latest in Nun fashion came out ahead of us all... although I was saddened to be so close to a first win, I've got to hold my head high! She was good competition and I've got a story so I guess I didn't do too shabby after all. And what a lovely photo we make!


This activity was awesome because EVERYONE got involved and had a blast. And for those Earth loving tree huggers like myself- No T.P. was completely wasted in the making of these dresses! The Bride's MIL saved every bit for future packing/stuffing purposes. Now how can you resist?

Adios and Good Night Amigos! Midnight = Sleep Now or forever hold your peace around here! Next Entry: TBD!

No comments: